Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chowder, anyone?


from Chapter 15, "CHOWDER"
Oh sweet friends! harken to me. It was made of small juicy clams, scarcely bigger than hazel nuts, mixed with pounded ship biscuit, and salted pork cut up into little flakes; the whole enriched with butter, and plentifully seasoned with pepper and salt.


Does reading this book make anyone else crave chowder?

I tried to make Reid go find some with me last night but we couldn't find any places that had it that weren't in the wharf.

Anyone want to go find some chowdah?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chapter 15-This chapter made me really want some clam chowder."

Turd's post of Sunday August 24th.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Turd, you have exclusive rights to comment about chowder in conjunction with Chapter 15.

Yes, Sosia, I would like to get some chowder. But I prefer Manhattan.

D. said...

Sosia, perhaps good chowder can be found in Half Moon Bay...

Turd Ferguson said...

Let go to the old mill, get some cider.

Sosia said...

I like Half Moon Bay. Someone told me the Anchor Oyster Bar has good chowder, too.

Hip E. said...

I love chowder. If only it didn't have clams in it.

Sosia said...

The book talks about cod chowder, too. But that sounds a lot less appetizing, don't you think?